Friday, March 5, 2010

Seo writer’s tips on Fake PR

Many website owners and web masters are fond of buying links from high PR websites. While some of them are vigilant most of them seldom care about checking weather the PR is genuine or a faked one. Apart from being of no use the backlinks from fake PR could also be harmful to the site in terms of page ranking. In order to save money and discourage fraudulent practices, spending a few minutes to check the PR of websites offering links is worth it.


I shall discus the process of faking PR elaborately in a different blog post. In this article, as an SEO writer I wish to reveal a few well known and reliable methods that will help you distinguish between a genuine PR and a Fake PR. The simple test using the popular search engine google is typing info:nameofthedomain.com this will instantly provide brief details about the website. If you find a different domain name then the PR isn’t genuine.


One other way is to check the cache in the google if the cached page is different from the homepage of the website then it has a manipulated PR. The easiest and most trusted method is to check the pages with online tools. For example, checkpageranking.com is a website that instantly tells you if the PR of a given website is genuine or not.

5 comments:

Jibran Ahmed Khan said...

You have such a great website I found it very useful I really enjoyed all Topics and articles so keep it up and keep writing good articles in this website which will be useful for others Regards. I am showing in this blog SEO For Rank that how to get visitors and how to publish your site or blog on other directories as well as what are the legal ways to earn money in the eyes of Google by SEO but that Legal ways I will define in my own domain website and it’s link I will post in this blog.

SEO SEM | Search Engine Optimization | SEO Training

Shalini Gupta said...

i find great information in you blog.
Acutally i aslo working as seo expert.
That is my work about seo.

Search Engine Optimising

C.Kowandi said...

I agree with you, many PR are detected fake. I akways use several tool to check a website pagerank. But sadly my blog http://contentwriter-id.blogspot.com has not been ranked by google yet. Regards.

C.Kowandi said...

Thank you for your advice. I recently offered by one of my friends to buy a high PR domain from Digital Forum. I want to switch my blog http://contentwriter-id.blogspot.com to myname.com using that domain. I have checked the domain using your method and it is fake PR. Again... Thank You
Regards.
Christ KOWANDI.

allprosound said...

Nice website. I'd like to suggest to your SEO writers that if they write articles with newsworthy content, they can submit them to the Third Report.

Promotional material is allowed, but must be accompanied by a newsworthy event, such as a local charity event the business in question sponsored or participated in.

In addition to the SEO benefits, the Third Report will share ad revenue from the stories with the writers.