Thursday, January 29, 2009

Web content writer versus lecturer

I had earlier mentioned that writing for the web is very different from the English taught in your school or college. In this article I shall give you a few examples of language usage in the internet.

I had been working as a lecturer in English in Nehru Memorial College (Autonomous) one of the most prestigious institutions in Tamil nadu, which is a pioneer that introduced the popular computer science as UG degree course for the first time in India.

When I was a lecturer I used to insist on the so called Queen’s English, whereas, being a freelance content writer I prefer American over the British English. American English servers better when it comes to writing for the web.

One other thing is the use of pronoun. I have always told my students that repeating nouns again and again (excluding the ones used for the purpose of clarity) in writings will result in a form of error called redundancy, which is viewed seriously by some of the orthodox teachers of English. But when it comes to writing for search engine optimization you will have to repeat the keywords in order to attain the required keyword density. If you are new to SEO, a glance at my profile will really astonish you. [However, as a lecturer I would certainly not recommend this type of writing for your term papers. This is only for article writers who write for the web]

Learn the secrets that are the key to make money online by taking advantage of the SEO tips offered at Prosperly.

For more tips on article writing (writing for the web) visit Adaikalaraj-Content writer.

No comments: